Thursday, October 8, 2009

What's black and white and read all over?

I love the aesthetic of newspapers. I'll use that stuff any chance I get. Cards, wrapping paper, art! Here are a few examples of my newspaper art




Just get out some good old fashioned Mod Podge, and any old newspapers, and get to cutting and pasting! You can paint on top, or Mod Podge some photos like my ode to Audrey above.

I think this could also be a really hip way to do some family portraits. Just make a color copy enlargement of a fun photo at Kinko's. Don't do it on photo paper, just plain color copy paper is good, and apply to the top of your paper collage.

Beautimous

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! how long did it take you to do that 2nd one!....and the rooster? i likey the rooster. nice touch with the thumbs up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, the 2nd one took me for-ev-er! Lots of patience, but also kind of a nice mindless art project to work on when you need to get away for a while.

    ReplyDelete