Saturday, October 3, 2009

Upcydown Baby!

My very first of all time in the history of my life kick off blog post! Woohoo! Get excited. Out of the ocean, no, UNIVERSE of blogs out there...why am I starting one? Because I have so much time on my hands? No. Because I am looking for fame and fortune? Not really. Because I think I am just way too funny and interesting?! Yes...I mean, no. I am starting this blog to open my own eyes to the interest, beauty, and potential in my surroundings. Of course money is tight for everyone, but to say I am searching for fun and new ways to "upcycle" because I don't have any money is kind off a kill joy. I am interested in upcycling because I love knowing I have something that is one of a kind, that has a past, and will (even in some teeeeeny tiny way) help reduce the amount of stuff that is put out into our planet.


Here is a pretty good explanation of "stuff" and how it effects our planet. The speaker, Annie Leonard throws out some really interesting facts, but gets a little too political at times for my liking. I like to think that the betterment of our environment transcends politics, and should be a common goal for all of us, no matter what our political views are. Or that might just be the inner hippie in me trying to reach out to everyone. Where are my hemp sandals?



No comments:

Post a Comment