Sunday, October 11, 2009

Oldies but Goodies

Most of my coolest pieces of furniture are from thrift stores. End tables and lamps are some of my favorites. They are so cheap, and are so easy to refinish. Below are two used end tables and lamps. Both lamps have new lamp shades, and the lamp on the right has a new coat of paint.


Here is a dresser that I am currently using as a tv stand / dvd storage unit. It is such a good sturdy piece of furniture, and not to mention totally hip! (Little Gizmo is also making her debut on this blog....lower right corner....doesn't she just look like a happy little pumpkin down there!)


And finally, a couple of photos showing an old round end table, and a treasure of an old frame above the bed. The frame is holding a blown up picture from a surfing magazine. It is a pic of quite a few surfers posing with the respective boards, class photo style. My husband loves it because he loves all things surfing and ocean.



Cowabunga Dude!

2 comments:

  1. Laura! So this is what a real designer's house is suppose to look like! I LOVE everything in it! The brick adds such a richness to everything. I love the art, the furniture, the colors & patterns...all visual goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention Gizmo...I love Gizmo too! :) I think she knew that the orange in her coat was the perfect compliment to that beautiful deep blue wall in the background. Ah...genius!

    ReplyDelete