Monday, March 12, 2012

Commitment #2: Take baby steps to a healthier home.

One very simple baby step is taking off your shoes as soon as you get inside.  You walk around through dirt and grime all day, why bring it into the house?  I'll even ask my guests to take off their shoes as they enter.  They may think I'm crazy, but they'll understand.

Now who wants a pile of shoes sitting by their front door for everyone to see?  Forever ago I posted our old shoe holder we had before moving.  If you need a refresher it's here.  For our new shoe gatherer I have two challenges.  One, the lil' fella has a shoe fetish.  Exhibit A.

Please ignore my messy closet.

So we need something where our kicks can be concealed or he will go through every pair trying them all on.  Two, budget.  Shocker.  I think 99% of us are on a budget.  Need something that won't break the bank, so craigslist here I come!  Here's what I'm on the prowl for:

Campaign chest (so hot right now)

And paint it a fun color like one of these
  


Cool old trunk or chest


This little guy is cute. 
Or something taller
Even this option from Ikea could be cool.  I like that they aren't full drawer dressers, but on hinges which is a good space saver for our little abode.  I'd want to jazz up the hardware to give it some life.  


Funny side note...we have a friend in Memphis who was way ahead of me and always made us take our shoes off upon entering his apartment.  The first time we went over I either had on some hole-y socks or mismatched laundry day socks.  Either way I remember being embarrassed and from then on knew to wear presentable socks over to his place.  I promise a judge free sock zone at the Anderson household if you ever want to come by :)




No comments:

Post a Comment