Thursday, April 1, 2010

Roadside Treasures

I have got to get better at taking before / after pictures, because this one was a doozie.  I saved this poor guy off the side of the road after it sadly stared me in the face for three weeks.  It looked like it had been through a lot.  Stripped of its drawers, roughed up top, I had to do something.

After a thorough cleaning, removal of the cardboard back and stray staples, some plywood from Home Depot, and primer and paint, this has been a most excellent addition to our home.  He even made it to the focal wall in our living room!  I lucked out and found some baskets that fit just perfectly in place of drawers, but it definitely would have worked as open shelves, too.







Very long story short.  Don't be afraid to take a extra look at discarded furniture on the side of the road.  It may take a little work, but who can resist a FREE piece of furniture that you can make as unique as your heart desires?

2 comments:

  1. looks great. what color is this? i want to paint our desk a similar color. do you have something you need to tell me:)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a Ralph Lauren color I got at the Depot just before they discontinued the Ralph Lauren line....it's "Impressionist VM 129" just in case you can still find it somewhere. I certainly have something I need to tell you! Don't know if it's a boy / girl yet, but we find out at the end of this month : ) We're so excited for our little "kurtlette".

    ReplyDelete