Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I have found "the one"

The one cloth diaper that is.  I promise this won't turn into a baby blog, but I am just so excited about the diapers I'm going with.  They are called gdiapers, and they are the perfect balance between disposable and cloth.  Basically, it is an cotton cover, with a nylon liner, and then a disposable insert.  What is wonderful is this disposable insert is absorbent and totally biodegradable.  And if it couldn't get any better, the insert can be flushed down the toilet!!!  So not only will we be keeping diapers out of landfills, but we won't have to house stinky poo holders in our own home while waiting for the trash man.  Here is a video if you need more of a visual of how they work:



If I was extra crafty I would build my own composting pile and compost the diapers myself, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for that.  There is a spot next to my husband's veggie garden he is starting.....could this be the start of "baby fertilizer"?  Gross.  I think not.

Here's what my dapper dan (or should I say "Diaper Dan") can wear on a night out.


2 comments:

  1. We use cloth diapers too....here are my teeny bits of advice! ;) You may want to wait until they are a bit older bec wee baby poop is hard to clean as it runs EVERYWHERE and you will be washing all the time bec they have millions of diapers a day when little. If you find the gdiapers leak try the onesize bumgenius....we went with these bec I heard the others leaked (they were also my first choice). so happy with the bumgenius as they have the same diapers the whole time (no rebuying sizes which is $$ bec snaps change the size from 8 to 35lbs) and they have these meshy inserts that hold the poop and it flushes away too so no poop around the house just like the gdiapers. hope you don't mind unsolicited advice...I just wish someone gave me their actual experience with these things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Why do I not know about bumgenius?! So glad you said something. I was wondering about the money factor with having to buy small, medium, and large gdiapers. Good to hear from an experienced mama like yourself : )

    ReplyDelete