Thursday, March 25, 2010

It Suites Me Fine

I needed to jazz up the upstairs bedroom with a little furniture.  The only problem is to get to the upstairs bedroom you have to go up a beautiful old wooden spiral staircase.  Wonderful aesthetically, not so wonderful in terms of getting up furniture.  The best option is to find furniture that can be assembled up there.  So I went to the thrift store for a little inspiration and found one of those old hard plastic suitcases, very similar to this:


I painted some pre made legs from Home Depot to match, screwed them in with my electric screwdriver, painted a fun little surprise on the top, and voila!



Click the read more button for even more fabulous suitcase inspiration.

You could add new lining and have the CUTEST craft box ever.



Throw on some taller legs for an interesting end table.


Create a unique little wall bar for you party animals.




And for all you other animals...pet beds!!!



And more pet beds!



And another pet bed!
I had to show this one because it includes kitty family portraits and a little stuffed toy friend.  I swear I'm not a crazy cat lady, but I hope to be one day.




2 comments: