Monday, March 22, 2010

Impromptu Hair Flair

This weekend I had the opportunity to attend my very lovely grandmother-in-law's retirement party. Feeling like I should make myself a little extra fancy for the occasion, I decided to do some impromptu hair flair. Seriously took me about 20 min.



Want to learn how???

First you need some old fabric (I used a thrift store skirt I bought for a dollar that was waaaaay too small), an old headband, hot glue, scissors, and some sturdy paper (I grabbed an old coupon I got in the mail).  


Cut your sturdy paper to a teardrop size you think suites your knoggin, and then cut out several smaller teardrops out of the fabric.  Note: I chose a teardrop shape because it reminded me of flower petals, but feel free to go crazy and use any shape you wish!  I didn't use any templates.  Eyeballing works out just fine.



Now glue each teardrop to the paper.  Starting at the rounded edge, working your way to the point, overlapping as you go.


 

Once the paper is covered with fabric, you are ready to hot glue it to your headband.  Cut out another piece of fabric that will cover up the under side of your flair befor you glue it to your headband.  You will use this in the next step.

 

Take the piece of fabric you previously cut out, and now cut it again in half.  Glue both halves to the under side of your flair on each side of the headband.


 

Ta da!  You now have beautiful hair flair.  The are so many other options other than this particular style. I'm sure I'll be doing more.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment